The opening hours of the Koutoubia Mosque may vary depending on the seasons and daily prayers. Generally, here are the approximate timings for visits and prayers at the Koutoubia Mosque:
– The mosque is open to non-Muslim visitors outside of prayer times.
– For the morning prayer (Fajr), the mosque opens approximately 30 minutes before dawn and closes shortly after.
– For the afternoon prayer (Dhuhr), the mosque may close for about an hour and then reopen for the afternoon prayers.
– For the evening prayer (Maghrib), the mosque may close for about 15 to 30 minutes before the prayer and then reopen shortly after.
– For the night prayer (Isha), the mosque closes shortly after the prayer.
– Please note that exact timings may vary, so it is advisable to check the local timings or ask a local for the most up-to-date schedule.
It is important to respect the appropriate etiquette when visiting the Koutoubia Mosque, which includes dressing modestly and adhering to the relevant religious customs.
Welcome to Marrakech, a city steeped in history and home to some of the most breathtaking monuments and historical landmarks. Explore the wonders of this enchanting Moroccan destination by discovering the best things to do in Marrakech.